March 22, 2013

Playground


It is officially spring and physically winter in this northern sweep of land before me, but honestly, these cold months have marched through my life so quickly this year that I'm astonished at all the growth that is soclose, that April is a hop-skip-and-jump away. It's with those wide eyes, then, that I steal a photo from twelve months ago and point you toward a poem of mine over at Every Day Poets. It calls up this same sweep of northern land, but all yellow and green and wild. For those of you with me here in the frozen climes of a long winter, I hope you read it like a promise. And in the mean time? There are always snowmen to make. :)

14 comments:

  1. EDP is really delighted to have your work today, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equally delighted to have it there. :)

      Delete
  2. Splendid, Emily. Your poem lifted my spirits to the possibilities of what lies beneath the layers of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, possibilities, possibilities! What a beautiful word.

      Delete
  3. liked your photo and poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings! I've been reading your site for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the excellent job!

    Feel free to visit my homepage article submitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Porter, Texas, eh? Well, welcome to the bit of the northland. Happy to have you here!

      Delete
  5. Emily:

    Very fun poem. Uplifting in its promise, as we eagerly await the late-coming spring here in Michigan. I have been reading and enjoying your excellent Writing for nearly a year now.

    Perhaps I'll contact "Every Day Poets", and submit my "Box Turtle Poem".

    http://walkwithfathernature.blogspot.com/2012/05/box-turtle-poem.html


    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has it already been a year? How quickly time does go. Good luck with your submission! Just double-check their guidelines. Pretty sure you can't submit anything you've already published on the web, even your own blog. Cheers!

      Delete
  6. I soaked in the sun this weekend - and even took a run, the second of this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds divine. Excited to go on another walk today. We're in the 40s this week -- whoop!

      Delete
  7. The poem was vivid, eloquent, and reverberated feelings that touched my soul. Oh, you are sweet with words. An artist with pen or keyboard, but an artist nonetheless. WOW!

    ReplyDelete